Arcadia.io is building a team to improve and ensure the quality of its products and processes. We are looking for candidates with a strong interest in and/or experience building support tools and creating test frameworks and harnesses, with a passion to improve the quality of software produced by our company.
- Several company holidays, based on federal holiday schedule
- Flexible vacation scheduling
- Petfriendly offices for friendly, wellmannered dogs
- Remote friendly
- Full suite of medical plans including a high deductible
- health plan with company HAS contribution
- Vision and dental plans
- 401(k) plan with a company match
- Company paid life and disability benefits
- Gym membership assistance program
Team Specific Details
People presently on this team prefer development on Apple Macbook Pro laptops. We can accomodate Microsoft Windows on Arcadia’s standard-issue PC laptop, as well. Additionally, you are welcome to use any Linux distribution that can comply with our security requirements.
- We are writing on premises software primarily in Ruby. We are making use of the popular and well-known libraries within that ecosystem to build tools, frameworks, and test harnesses.
- Importantly, we’re openminded and consider the right tool for the job based on its merits.
- Other things we are working with include Amazon Web Services, Apache Mesos, Apache NiFi, Docker,
- Atlassian Confluence and JIRA, Github, Appium, Selenium Webdriver and more.
- The software this team writes will be deployed on Microsoft Windows and a variety of Linux distributions, so experience with either or both is valuable.
Travel and homebase expectations
- This position is targeted for the Greater Pittsburgh area. Relocation is expected with reasonable assistance available.
- This position and all positions on this particular team are considered onsite positions but do have a flexibility that allows for working outside the confines of an office as needed or desired, when not specifically needed in the office.
- Applicants are expected to reside within tolerable commute distance of our Pittsburgh office.